Capacity Building in the CBSE
Quality concerns in school education are among the priorities of CBSE as they play a pivotal role in the development of the country. The Board is committed to make provisions for various training programmes for teachers and principals to enhance their understanding of curriculum and delivery mechanism and other professional qualities. Through the Cascade mode, the Board selects and trains master trainers and mentors for ensuring the benefits of these programmes to percolate down to all the teachers and students in the schools. The training of the teachers assumes even greater significance in the wake of Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act-2009 to ensure the target achievement as per the proposed teacher student ratio proposed in the Act.
Enabling teachers to play varied and distinct roles of curriculum designer, developer/adapter of instructional materials, facilitator of curriculum transaction in schools in a child centered manner, becoming resourceful idea generators, mentors of peer teachers and appraiser of performances given by students in an objective and humane way.
Creating situations where all teachers are able to get the best possible professional preparation and support for updating their pedagogical skills which results in quality teachers for all levels of education to render optimum benefit to all students of schools affiliated to CBSE
• To organize empowerment and capacity building programmes at regular intervals for the teachers and principals to equip them with the competencies such as using technology tools effectively; applying appropriate pedagogic techniques to make learning process connected with real life, stress-free and joyful; improving their Life skills such as active communication skills to deal with the needs of the learners and the society effectively
• To carry out need analysis to plan and organize capacity building and empowerment programmes for principals and teachers to ensure the effective implementation of various policies of the Board
• To collaborate with and empanel national/international institutes of repute to provide quality teacher/principal training programmes
• To strengthen the leadership skills, conflict resolution, interpersonal relations and management of values and ethics to promote managerial excellence of head teachers, administrators and managers of schools
• To undertake action research for development of innovative methods, processes and practices for improving of teaching-learning environment in schools
• To conduct effectively Induction, Mentoring and Capacity Building Programmes for head and other teachers
• To organize National Annual Sahodaya Conferences and provide other interactive platforms for heads to freely interact
• To create opportunities for teachers and student to participate in conferences, summits and exchanges for sharing